- 1 Cup Cooked Aviate Lupini Flakes
- 1/4 Cup Tahini paste
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Lemon juice
- 1 TSP Lemon zest
- 1 TSP Salt
- 2 Cloves garlic
- ¼ Cup Water (extra)
- Add lupini flakes to 3 cups of hot water and bring to the boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes stirring then strain. Place cooked lupin flakes and all other ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Check seasoning and adjust if necessary. When warm it will taste very tart, this mellows when dip has been cooled.
- You may need to add up to an extra ¼ cup of water or olive oil to achieve a creamy consistency.
- Dip will stiffen a little on standing, if you feel it is too thick, just add extra water and blend.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 10 days. Suitable to freeze (you may need to stir it a bit and to add a little lemon juice or water after defrosting).
Don't be afraid to blend for 2 minutes or more to obtain a smooth consistency. If you have a large food processor we recommend doubling the batch.